Author Topic: Digitech (Guitar Workstation & Distortion Pedals)  (Read 6466 times)

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!

Offline paulnery

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Digitech (Guitar Workstation & Distortion Pedals)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 05:39:22 AM »
I have a Digitech Guitar Harmonizer and also a Vocalist Workstation... very cool machines...

Offline Ankaret

• Band Member
    • View Profile
    • Velvet Collective Music
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 07:44:56 PM »
My main guitar processor that I use for all my effects and tones is the Digitech GNX, it's a really versatile piece of hardware, and I would be lost without it.

Offline kid_runningfox

• Global Moderator
  • Yes- it's me!!
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/Kid_runningfox
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 09:43:12 PM »
I've tried out couple of the cheaper Digitech guitar processors, after having been lent them by friends, and I wasn't really very impressed. In truth, I felt many of the amp simulations to be downright nasty.  In particular, I found the Whammy effects to be fun but useless, musically speaking.  However, others have done some great things with them, so who am I to comment?  Having said all of that, Norman used to have one of Digitech's then-higher-end studio fx processors in his studio at one time (the StudioQuad, I believe) and that was an excellent unit- everything that's good about digital effects, imho.  However, I'm not really a great fan of over-effected guitar sounds (I like guitars to sound like GUITARS!!  :winkle:).  And, for what I need an FX processor to do live, I still haven't found anything that beats my geriatric-but-great-sounding Quadraverb.  For studio recording, I'm more than happy with the amp simulations provided by my dirt-cheap Behringer V-Amp, and to use effects from the various outboard units we have available at Vietgrove Towers.  Perhaps if I come into some money in the not-too-distant future I'll upgrade to a Line 6 POD of some description, but I fear that may be a while away yet... :'(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:29:04 PM by kid_runningfox »

Offline kaoscapt

• SynthAxe
    • View Profile
    • Kaoscapt's ratings @ RateYourMusic.Com
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 06:24:10 AM »
I know the sound is dated and really heavily processed, but I still like my Rockman from Scholz Research & Development.  I just love that Boston sound.

Offline Up the Irons

• Band Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 11:12:54 PM »
i use a digitech rp6 multi-fx unit that my uncle gave to me. im pretty sure im the only person in the world that has one. its a cool machine though. its got 9 factory banks and 9 user banks, tons of fx, tuner, equilizer, silencer, expression pedal, all that good stuff :winkle:
I could not find the other out...

Offline paulnery

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 11:18:39 PM »
I forgot... I have a Whammy II , bought in New York years ago... it has not only the Whammy effect, but also chorus, octave and some harmonies. A bit hard to use, though.

Offline Losfer Words

• Band Member
    • View Profile
    • Losfer Words official site
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 02:54:15 AM »
I often insert a Digitech 2112 or its floor model counter part the rp12 into the effect loop path on my amps.
I like it mostly for the rich chorus, flanger and phaser sounds, and the ability to dial in precise multi-tap delay times, which is great when trying to make the delay repeats sync up with the tempo/bpm of a song.