Author Topic: Proglands  (Read 5651 times)

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
Proglands
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:40:17 AM »
"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!

BillBoh1971

Re: Proglands
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 04:27:11 PM »
This site is down for weeks now. Wonder if it will ever come back. Any news about it anyone?

BillBoh1971

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:25:45 PM »
Did a search on Google. Proglands apparently disappeared without a trace. Since the admin of Proglands is a close friend of Proglucky (founder of Progarchives), i'm gonna ask about this on their forum and keep you all informed. :winkle:

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:44:35 PM »
Great!!!!  :aussiecheer: :aussiecheer: :aussiecheer:
"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!

BillBoh1971

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 04:27:36 PM »
Apparently the webmaster (Denis T.) disappeared without a trace. I guess it's highly probably now Proglands will never come back.

Sad!

Offline DBSilver

• ProGGnosis Admins
    • View Profile
    • ProGGnosis - Progressive Rock & Fusion
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 11:43:20 PM »
Ronny was originally associated with ProGGnosis.  A few months after we formed up, Denis T joined us.
About 6 months later -- a friend of Rony's - Bruno A buiit the proglands website for Rony and Denis and they left ProGGnosis and started up this site to follow their own ideas and dream.
A year later - Bruno developed ProgArchives.com for himself.   (the physical similarities between Proglands and Progarchives make it quite apparent that Bruno did the web developement).   About a year after that, Bruno contacted me.  He was tired of trying to run a site on his own and wanted to join up with ProGGnosis.  We were happy to have him and over the next year he contributed a number of very nice reviews.  Meanwhile - - he decided to offer the domain progarchives.com and it's content to Ronny.   We downloaded those few items in the ProgArchives database that was not in Proggnosis at the time and then Ronny took over that site.  Some time after that he met Max and together those two have built a fantastic site out of what was really a rather basic site similar to Proglands.  About a year ago or so - Bruno disappeared.  He was working in the USA but a citizen of Brazil so I assume he must have returned there.   A great guy, I never had a formal chance to say goodbye.

I have no idea what has happened to Denis in the past year.  Ronny, Max & Progarchives are alive and well.   ProGGnosis too continues to serve.
I had heard that the expertise behind Proglands was a gentleman named Gerry or Jerry.  Certainly the success of that site relied heavilly on his expertise.  I don't know what has happened to him.

Hope this history and background is of interest and that all of us 'principals have had direct or indirect associations with one another over the years.

Doug Silver
www.ProGGnosis.com
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 11:45:58 PM by DBSilver »
Regards,
DBSilver
www.ProGGnosis.com

BillBoh1971

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 01:11:24 AM »
Fascinating story, Doug. :mrgreen:

I had to read it 3 times thoroughly before understanding how everything is connected. Thanks for sharing it! :mrgreen: