Author Topic: Everwood (Hungary)  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
Everwood (Hungary)
« on: October 15, 2005, 07:45:11 PM »
This is the discussion topic for all things Everwood (Hungary)

Artist Web Site:
 - http://www.everwoodsite.com/

Artist Page on ProGGnosis:
 - http://www.proggnosis.com/MUSIC_DBArtist.asp?txtArtistID=6560

Simply reply to this post to start a discussion of this artist and their music - share your opinions and post news and tour info and upcoming events.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 10:59:51 PM by DBSilver »
"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
Re: Everwood (Hungary)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:52:44 PM »
The birth of Everwood is based on a childhood friendship of Attila Tanczer (keyboards) and Viktor Erdos (bass guitar). Before they even bought their first instruments they wanted to play something new, something different from the musics they listened to at that time. Finally they formed a band in 1997 under the name of Neverwood.

After the following years of constant changes the first really stable line-up was born in 2000 with Tamas Rabel (drums), Johnny Debreczi (vocals) and Ferenc Farkas (guitar). The musical style was keyboard centric melodic rock/metal. They recorded the first demo entitled "Ujjaszuletes" ("Immortality") in the next year.

After the recording sessions the band had many live performances accompanied by such bands as Stainless Steel and Arnyak and they also played on the Perpetuum Morbide Tour of Dying Wish and Da Capo in 2002.

In the next year there was a change in the line-up, Balazs "Balu" Koncz became the new vocalist. The second  EP entitled Jeanne D'Arc (Never Surrender) was recorded and received very good critics by the media. The style of the band has changed to melodic/progressive metal. From December of 2002 the band had many concerts again and in the Spring of 2003 they performed on Age Of Nemesis' tour called Terra Tourin'Cognita together with Perfect Symmetry and Behinia.

In the Spring of 2004 a new festival was started by the band called Taste Of Metal Festival where three well-known bands played with them: Age Of Nemesis, Haelo and Wendigo (Zoltán Bátky - ex-Stonehenge, After Crying + ex-Da Capo members). After then they opened for Devon Graves (Dead Soul Tribe, ex-Psychotic Waltz) on the Progressive Festival in Pécs and they also played on the Miskolc University Days open-air festival (other performers: Hooligans, Ganxta Zolee és a Kartell, etc.) and on the Summerground Festival in August.

At the end of June they finished their first album called Mind Games. It was recorded in the Bakery Sound Studio - the sound is extraordinary: raw and dynamic. The album includes 11 songs and an intro with Zoltán Kiss, the frontman of Age Of Nemesis and Iron MaidNem as a guest vocalist in two songs. The booklet is made by the famous designer Gyula Havancsak who painted the cover of the last Annihilator, Grave Digger and Therion albums.

In December of 2004 the band signed a record contract with the greek Burning Star Records - the album was released in digipack format at 28. 02. 2005. in Athens. From this point the band is existing as EVERWOOD. Mind Games was released later in Japan, and the USA too.

The debut album received very good reviews all over the world and the band had a lot of interviews and opportunity to take their music to the fans of this genre along with such official printed and on-line magazines as Metal Hammer, Rockinform, Zenész, HMP (PL), BURRRN! Magazine (JP). Progarchives.com (CAN), Metal Observer (USA), etc...

Everwood organised the successful Taste Of Metal Festival again at 26. 04. 2005. in the "longest Summer Open Air Festival of Budapest" Zold Pardon with the bands Wackor, Insane.

In July of 2005 Tamas Szabo joined the band as the new drummer of Everwood.

The present line up is:

Balazs Koncz - Vocals
Ferenc Farkas - Guitar
Attila Tanczer - Keyboards
Viktor Erdos - Bass guitar
Tamas Szabo - Drums
At this time the guys are working on their second album while they have many live performances all over Hungary and they also shoot a videoclip very soon.

"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!