Author Topic: XANG  (Read 3787 times)

Offline progpat

• Zendrum
    • View Profile
    • Galileo Records
XANG
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:33:32 PM »
XANG ist a french band from the north of France. They are just preparing their new CD.

The XANG diary:
http://www.pn.galileo-records.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=7

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
Re: XANG
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:00:02 PM »
Thanks a ton for adding to our data base Pat - much appreciated - and welcome to the Bazaar  :rock: :headbang: :cheers:
"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!

Offline Melo the Prog Goddess

• Daddy's Little Girl & Bua
  • Administrator
  • Christmas Eve in our home
    • View Profile
    • Eclectic Moonlight
Re: XANG
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 10:26:10 PM »
http://www.xang.free.fr/

XANGâ??s story began in september 1995 with the first Vincent and Manuâ??s meeting.

After a failure with a previous band, Manu played drums in a jazz-rock band where Vincent was the keyboard player. The feeling between them was good and they decided to create their own band. Vincentâ??s brother, Matthieu, joined them a few weeks later as a bass guitar player. Then, a huge quantity of guitar players tried to join the band but without results. Finally Antoine arrived in august 1997 to play guitars.

Meanwhile a home made demo tape recorded during a rehearsal in october 1996, caused many positive reactions. This demo tape gave them the opportunity to play at CORBIGNYâ??s PROGLIVE in august 1998.

At this event, they met Konny EISENRING and Patrick BECKER from Switzerland.

Konny and Patrick decided to create a new record label: GALILEO RECORDS, to promote and co-produce the future XANG CD.

The last important date is the support act of XANG in november 1998 at the occasion of ARENAâ??s show in the beautiful old cinema "LE SPLENDID" in LILLE (north of France).

The story has just begun!!

BASS : Matt HOOGE

DRUMS : Manu DELESTRE

Guitars : Antoine DUHEM

Keyboards : Vincent HOOGE
"Gamma, help me". my younger grandson said in imperious tones! He wanted me to put in my password  and unlock my phone so he could play with it!