Author Topic: Rock Stock - August 19, 20 and 21, 2011 - Northern Ohio  (Read 1237 times)

Offline rickray

• Band Member
  • Rick Ray
    • View Profile
    • The Rick Ray Band
Rock Stock - August 19, 20 and 21, 2011 - Northern Ohio
« on: June 23, 2011, 02:16:49 AM »
Neal Promotions, 98.5 WNCX and Clay's Park Present:
http://nealpromotions.com/clays.htm
August 19th, 20th & 21st at Clay's Park Amphitheater

8/19/11 Jackyl, L.A. Guns, The Godz and Cold Truth
8/20/11 Crack The Sky, Michael Stanley, Pat Travers, The Rick Ray Band and Eric Gales Band
8/21/11 Blue Oyster Cult, Chuck Negron (the voice of Three Dog Night) and Starz

Clay's Park Resort
13190 Patterson St. N.W.
N. Lawrence, OH 44666 US

Promoter Steve Neal who books bands into the Cleveland Agora had an idea sometime around March of 2011 to put on a huge concert event. Something that would be too big for the Cleveland Agora. After some research, he picked the Clay’s Park Amphitheater. Chosen not just for it’s size but the ability of the audience to have a great time without interference, if you know what I mean.
 Steve also did some heavy research into what bands to bring in and after four months of hard work put the bill together. On Friday August 19th Steve chose Jackyl, who has a new album coming out titled “My Moonshine Kicks Your Cocaine Ass”. Formed in 1991 they’re still hard at work 20 years on. L A Guns, who put out a live album in 2006 has been touring the world since. They formed in 1986, some of their albums have passed the 1,000,000 sales mark. The Godz, who formed somewhere around 1976 had the regional hit “Gotta Keep A Runnin”. Eric Moore, leader of The Godz has kept the band going for 35 years. Cold Truth, from Tennessee is touring, promoting their new album “Do Watcha Do”, a real good southern hard rock band.
 On Saturday, August 20th the line up is Michael Stanley and The Resonators. Everyone from the northern Ohio area knows who Michael Stanley is. The new album by Michael, “Shadowland” features thirteen new Stanley originals as he continues a musical journey that spans over forty years. Pat Travers Band, who released his first album in 1976 and has been recording and touring ever since. He had the huge hits “Snortin Whiskey And Drinkin Cocaine” and “Boom Boom Out Go The Lights”. Pat has about 25 albums to his credit. Crack The Sky has a new album out titled “The Machine”. This band has been recording and touring since the mid 70’s. Their version of “I Am The Walrus” from Crack The Sky Live rivals The Beatles version. They’ve released approximately 23 albums since the mid 70’s. Eric Gales Band made their name in the 90’s. Guitar World Magazine's Reader's Poll named Eric as "Best New Talent", in 1991. He kind of picked up where Jimi Hendrix left off and has nine albums to his credit. The Rick Ray Band (my band) is a Cleveland area band. I’ve been playing live since 1973 and have 32 available albums under my belt. Our new album, “Can’t Lie Hard Enough” is getting airplay all over the world and I can say this is the best band I’ve ever been in. There will also be a hot air ballon fest at Clay’s Park on this day.
 On Sunday, August 21st the line up is Blue Oyster Cult who released their first album in 1972.  BOC has released 20 albums since then and have toured hard throughout the years. They’ve had hit songs with “Don’t Fear The Reaper”, “Godzilla”, “Burnin For You” and more. Guitarist Buck Darmha ranks high on the list of all time greats. All you need to do is listen to “On Your Feet Or On Your Knees” for proof. Chuck Negron, is the voice of Three Dog Night. While Chuck was with Three Dog Night they had a phenomenal 18 consecutive top 20 hits, 21 top 40 hits, 8 top 10 hits and 4 number one hits - not to mention 5 top 10 albums and 11 top 20 albums. Some of those hits were “Joy To The World”, “One”, “Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog”, “Eli’s Comin” and more. Starz was formed out of the ashes of an early 1970s pop music band, Looking Glass, which had the #1 hit single "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)" in the summer of 1972. They were signed to Capital Records in 1976. They’ve got seven albums to their credit and their latest is “Double Live” recorded in Cleveland. Kerrang magazine included the first two Starz albums on their list of the most important hard rock albums of all time.
 Besides all these great bands there are other things people can partake in at Clay’s Park such as Water Slides, Cable Slides, Ring Swings, Fishing, Kayaks, Sailboat, Canoeing, Nature Trails, Miniature Golf, Heated Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, 4 White Sand volleyball courts, Hayrides and many other planned activities.
 You can get a hold of Steve Neal at Neal Promotions at 330-696-1010 for more information and tickets (which start at $39.85) or go to www.nealpromotions.com/clays.htm   there is also more info available at www.wncx.com or www.clayspark.com
Rick Ray

Offline Tawnyaz

• Zendrum
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Stock - August 19, 20 and 21, 2011 - Northern Ohio
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 05:55:17 AM »
Where do you find most of the media in this forum?