Author Topic: Finally some real activity.  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Madpsycho

• Maniac from outer space!
  • Global Moderator
  • BOOOM!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace account
Finally some real activity.
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:03:54 PM »
Ok after a reeeeaaaaaallly long brake of doing nothing constructive, Eternal Struggle is "back in action".

The first recording sessions started out today, and we are trying to get the album out asap, maybe even in the next month. The album will most likely include a couple of the older songs rerecorded, but there will be plenty of new tracks. I will upload samples to myspace as soon as I can.

Not sure yet if we're going to release an album, but another band I'm playing with (Majakanvartija) is going to record a couple of songs at least for myspace use. Here are a few youtube tasters for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKesITs4zxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBrTPPTEZs

Also, our "summer prog fest" aka Summer of Struggle is held 10th of July. There are some plans of getting it on video and maybe make a poor man's DVD release later on.

If anyone's interested in preordering a copy of the new Eternal Struggle album for 5€, you can contact me by sending me an email to strugvill (@) yahoo.com, I'll send you more information once the album is out.
I'm not from this planet (?!) .

Offline Nando

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Finally some real activity.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 12:31:36 AM »
Ok after a reeeeaaaaaallly long brake of doing nothing constructive, Eternal Struggle is "back in action".

The first recording sessions started out today, and we are trying to get the album out asap, maybe even in the next month. The album will most likely include a couple of the older songs rerecorded, but there will be plenty of new tracks. I will upload samples to myspace as soon as I can.

Not sure yet if we're going to release an album, but another band I'm playing with (Majakanvartija) is going to record a couple of songs at least for myspace use. Here are a few youtube tasters for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKesITs4zxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBrTPPTEZs

Also, our "summer prog fest" aka Summer of Struggle is held 10th of July. There are some plans of getting it on video and maybe make a poor man's DVD release later on.

If anyone's interested in preordering a copy of the new Eternal Struggle album for 5€, you can contact me by sending me an email to strugvill (@) yahoo.com, I'll send you more information once the album is out.

Thanks for the post Mad.  Played "Oceans" loved the bass playing, very jazzy but I'm afraid I found the overall melody of the song a bit repetitive.

Nando
Thank you to Rush - King Crimson - U2 - Dream Theater - Happy the Man - The Police - Rolling Stones - Coldplay - Yes - Genesis - The Beatles - Marillion - RPWL - Riverside -  Hostsonaten  - Supertramp - David Bowie - Porcupine Tree - Kaipa - Pink Floyd - Simple Minds - Sara McLachlan - Fleetwood Mac - Anekdoten - Anglagard - The Flower Kings - Spock's Beard - Queen - Transtlantic - Keane - Joe Satriani - The Clash - Credo - Van Halen - Guns and Roses - Cheap Trick - Boston - Saga - Steve Vai - Iron Maiden - Led Zeppelin - Triumph - Toto - The Alarm - Pendragon - Djam Karet - The Who -  Finisterre - PFM - Le Orme - Dave Matthew's Band - Journey - Gentle Giant - Blackfield - Pain of Salvation - Santana - Eagles - Priam - Frank Zappa - The Doors

Offline Madpsycho

• Maniac from outer space!
  • Global Moderator
  • BOOOM!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace account
Re: Finally some real activity.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 12:14:27 PM »
Thanks for the post Mad.  Played "Oceans" loved the bass playing, very jazzy but I'm afraid I found the overall melody of the song a bit repetitive.

Nando

Thanks for the feedback Nando! I know the songs we have on youtube are reeeeaaally repetitive. I guess that's the problem with Majakanvartija, we tend to focus on the jamming part more than the actual composing. I've been thinking a vocalist might make the music more enjoyable for the listeners. Although I have to say that our compositions have become a bit more versatile, we started playing about a year ago and Oceans was the first song our keyboardist wrote. But I really get what you're saying, the theme can even get annoying at some point, still enjoy playing it though.
I'm not from this planet (?!) .